Sunday, September 7, 2008

It's been awhile since we've blogged! We have a few funny and not so funny stories to share. Let's start with the funny. This past Labor Day Weekend we didn't do much of anything (which was wonderful), but when we were throwing around ideas of what we could do I suggested that we just jump in the car and go to Vegas, maybe visit my brothers. Richard looked very concerned and said, "Well that might be fun but I don't think it would be good to just pop in on them, isn't Labor Day just a Utah holiday? They'll be at work"... :) He's too cute. On a personal note I was laying in bed the other day, about to take a nap and Richard came to kiss me goodbye before he left for work. We started kissing and I fell asleep and woke up to him still kissing me. Awkward! I'm still in the doghouse a little with that one.



Okay a more serious note! Richard shot his gun at work the other day. I'll let him tell that story:



I shot a deer.


I guess I'll tell the story then since Richard's laughing. He went on a call and a deer got caught trying to jump over a spiked fence. Animal control couldn't get there anytime soon so Richard had to shoot it. I feel bad for the deer but at the same time I'm kind of glad that the first time Richard had to use his gun was on an animal rather than a person. Richard also got a little action at work today, he had to jump four eight foot tall fences and run to catch this bad guy who was wanted for aggravated assault with a knife. He had to put "the hurt" on him a few times to make him comply. Go Richard!



In our non-work lives, Richard is back with his singing group "4our"(?) and he's sounding great! If I figure out how to put some of their songs on the blog I will (anyone who knows how to do that please tell me how). I have joined a book club and this month we're reading "Book of a Thousand Days". Hope it's good!


We've included some pictures below of our apartment, it's all decorated for fall! Please ignore our bedroom, we've never decorated it and the second room is just storage, enjoy!








Our tiny
kitchen.









Our dining
room.


























Our front room and the bathroom.













The second room
(again, it's only
used for storage).





Our room.








10 comments:

A said...

Yay! you guys have a blog! Your apartment is too cute, and thats too bad about that deer... Looking forward to more posts.

Anonymous said...

Sooooooo, did you get any of the meat????
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, Deer Jerky!!!!!!

Jamie

Amie said...

yeah, i was going to ask you that too. and i have to tell you guys that i think you're apt. is way cool. i mean, from the outside i wouldn't have guessed it to look so good in. but your nice decorating sure helps~ way to go!

Amie said...

ok, so it doesn't "help", but it makes it so much more nice, you know?

ok, i'll stop now.

JoDee said...

YEY! so cute! I love you guys! you crack me up!
You need to come visit me!!!
oh and I have a blogspot too!
www.loveisanability.blogspot.com

I think that's it, I'll email it to you!
Love you!
JoDee

a.bhatti said...

Hey neighbors! Love the blog. So fun to see the pics of your place - it helps give us inspiration for our own. Love it. Katrina - missed you at book club, but glad you are on for the next one - Adrian

Legolacey said...

Yo Kat and Richard! So what about shooting that deer; deer die all the time.
Just kidding pita! Gosh, don't wet yourself!
Your house looks great!

Anonymous said...

You guys are so cute it's sickening! Why can't Gary and I be like that? Oh wait, I know---cause he's Gary. 'cute' doesn't become him--but that's ok, he has other talents and qualities. Well, I must say, I'm impressed by your blog. Cute apt, too. Oh, and Richard, you're very Bear Grylls... nice job! My idea of camping is a Motel 6. HA! nah, just kidding--I like it. I guess I'll be setting up an Arizona Batson blog sometime in the relatively near future, but for now all I have to offer up is my personal blog which is more PG-13 than G. Enter at your own risk. Hey, much love you guys--we miss you terribly!
Hugs,
Wen :)

Anonymous said...

You guys are so cute it's sickening! Why can't Gary and I be like that? Oh wait, I know---cause he's Gary. 'cute' doesn't become him--but that's ok, he has other talents and qualities. Well, I must say, I'm impressed by your blog. Cute apt, too. Oh, and Richard, you're very Bear Grylls... nice job! My idea of camping is a Motel 6. HA! nah, just kidding--I like it. I guess I'll be setting up an Arizona Batson blog sometime in the relatively near future, but for now all I have to offer up is my personal blog which is more PG-13 than G. Enter at your own risk. Hey, much love you guys--we miss you terribly!
Hugs,
Wen :)

Sita, Shalie, Kalia, and Vili said...

Yeah! I am so happy you left me a comment, now I can keep up with your blog. Your apartment is darling. Can't wait for our next game night.